Director Business Operations
The role of the Director Business Operations is responsible for driving revenue, understanding customer trends, and trends in costs and operations while also overseeing operational reporting. The purpose of this position is to bring together these roles across customer experience and operations and drive revenue, efficiencies, identify opportunities for improvement, and ongoing maturity of this function.
The position will be responsible for developing an ongoing program of work that ensures we are optimizing revenue opportunities, evolving and improving our reporting capability, and providing proactive insights that support business opportunities or enhancements to processes, partnerships or customers
To be successful, the individual will have previous experience working in public-private partnerships in the toll road industry to bring to the table. The individual will need to be passionate about driving operations, leveraging data to improve business performance, be a strong people leader, have excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills, have strong attention to detail, be able to deal with complexity and ambiguity, think strategically about business issues and opportunities and be a strong decision-maker and planner.
The impact you'll have:
- Lead the development and implementation of a customer experience and operations data strategy that supports our business plan and priorities and is flexible to respond to change
- Improve the capture, organization, access and management of data across customer experience and operations ensuring consistency, accessibility, understanding, and accurate interpretation
- Consult and engage with the business to optimize reporting, introduce synergies and time savings and ensure repeatable processes and tools continue to develop
- Lead Operational reviews of key business KPIs and insights that generate discussion and action
- Establish and drive a roadmap that identifies revenue realization opportunities and other data-driven projects and ensure prioritization and delivery
- Create programs to understand revenue and cost trends using internal analysis and previous experience and knowledge of the broader tolling industry
- Actively build a high performing team
- Provide regular leadership, mentoring and coaching to all team members
- Promote and implement effective people management practices
The talents you'll bring
- Experience in the tolling sector, preferably working on a public-private partnership
- Operational experience in the toll road industry
- Experience working with government clients, preferably in the transportation space
- Proven management experience building and inspiring teams
- Proven ability to establish strategies and commercially viable proposals
- Data knowledge and passion including emerging trends across data, analytics, IOT and visualization
- Proven performance working with senior stakeholders shaping and executing business change agendas
- Excellent communications and written skills, working at senior business levels
- Ability to understand, integrate and assess information and provide insights and analysis
- High degree of commercial acumen and strong sense of accountability
- Excellent interpersonal/negotiation/diplomacy skills
- Demonstrated planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Strong client orientation/customer service skills
- Enthusiastic champion of change
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we’re building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We’re making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We’re getting people where they’re going. And we’re doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances – whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!