A/R & A/P Coordinator
7 days left
- Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fifth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
Be an integral part of the PEG Corporate Accounting Team and assist with various day-to-day accounting functions.
We are seeking trustworthy candidates who work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy while working with large amounts of numerical data, handling multiple tasks with deadlines, and providing transparent and complete reports to management.
The qualified candidate will process Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Accounts Payable (A/P) while providing financial support to CFO by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
Job Location: This position is located in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Prepares invoices for entry into QuickBooks (approx. 1,200 monthly).
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing outstanding customer, and vendor reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- After acquiring necessary approvals enter payables in QuickBooks for payment processing.
- Enter vendor payment terms to match the due dates with the payment cycle.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field is preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of AR/AP work experience is required
- Proficiency in QuickBooks or a similar software is a must
- Excellent Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, and Data Entry Management
- Efficient Time Management Skills
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- General Math Skills
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • 20 Annual Paid Days Off (12 Days of PTO, Birthday PTO, & 7 Company Paid Holidays) • Company Sponsored Medical Insurance that includes a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium • Dental & Vision Insurance • 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to a 4% company match vested immediately • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Accident & Pet Insurance • Corporate Sponsored Events • Paid Professional Development & Salary Incentives through Learning/Certification Opportunities •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.