The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-C) will participate in the assessment, planning, and treatment of the individual's behavioral health needs in a medical setting for CoreLife patients. This position will work in conjunction with the medical, nutritional and physical disciplines with the common goal to improve the patients overall health associated with obesity and related chronic medical issues.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide culturally sensitive and age appropriate treatment services to a diverse population through patient centered practice as it relates to presenting medical or nutritional concerns and relevant cultural, social, and developmental needs.
- Conduct initial biopsychosocial assessments and DSM-V diagnostic impressions for patients referred for Behavioral Health Services at CoreLife.
- Generate patient centered SMART Treatment care plans.
- Conduct evidence based individual psychotherapy and group sessions to patients served.
- Coordinate with medical, nutritional and physical health staff members in the provision of integrated services to patients.
- Provide as needed trauma informed training and education to the care team surrounding behavioral health needs of patients served.
- Complete referrals and care coordination for other services as needed.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or University in Social Work
- Minimum of two years experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Previous outpatient experience with a history of behavioral health services within the medical setting preferred but not required.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical: LCSW-C
- Ability to be independently credentialed with collaborating partners
- Ability to pass criminal background and all mandatory exclusions lists checks
- Current CPR certification
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities :
- Acts as partner and consultant to both patients and multidisciplinary care team to collaborate toward behavioral changes influencing physical health, provide mental health screening and treatment, and provide DSM-V diagnosis of behavioral health disorders as necessary.
- Establish rapport quickly and in a patient centered trauma informed manner.
- Comprehensively gather psychosocial data to understand the patient's readiness for treatment and change.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to document assessments, treatment plans, and patient progress via treatment team, curbside consultation, and the assigned EHR system.
- Collaborate and consistently communicate professionally across multidisciplinary care teams while modeling Trauma Informed and Patient Centric framework, language, and strengths based approach.
- Provide individual and group psychosocial education and intervention to patients while concurrently raising awareness of Social Determinants of Health and Chronic Disease Self Management in an integrated setting.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
- Clinical skills to assess and effectively support patients struggling with mental health disorders associated with presenting medical and nutritional issues.
- Complete pre-authorization, initial authorization and concurrent reviews as needed by each insurance payor (outpatient services) to ensure behavioral health services are authorized.
- Knowledge of and fidelity to behavioral and ethical standards of conduct as it relates to professional mental health licensure in a medical setting.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute professionally as part of a team.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in medical and behavioral health protocols and policy.
- General knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, EHR, and professional presentation software.
- Growth Mindset, Grit, Integrity, passion to serve.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location. Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.