Exhibits & Sponsorship Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
The Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) was founded in 1995 to provide structure and leadership to the emerging field of molecular diagnostics. AMP's 2,500+ members include individuals from academic and community medical centers, government, and industry; including pathologist and doctoral scientist laboratory directors; basic and translational scientists; technologists; and trainees.
AMP is seeking an Exhibits & Sponsorships Manager, who will manage all aspects of AMP’s Exhibits and Sponsorship offerings for the AMP Annual Meeting & Expo and is the primary point of contact for exhibitors and sponsors. In addition, this manager will develop and execute exhibits and sponsorship sales efforts. Reports to the Director of Meetings & Exhibits.
Manage all aspects of the Annual Meeting & Expo’s exhibits and sponsorships program under the direction of the Director of Meetings & Exhibits, which include but are not limited to:
- Manage the development and implementation of exhibit and sponsorship sales (including new initiatives) Manage onsite exhibitor logistics, including: bag stuffing (manage temp staff), exhibitor registration, exhibitor lounge, exhibit hall set-up/teardown and daily operations with AMP vendors Participate in site visit(s) to assess facility compliance with exhibits needs, and identify opportunities and limitations Develop and maintain Exhibit Hall floorplan with the General Contractor Manage and execute retention strategy for exhibits and sponsorships Manage and execute strategy for generating leads for prospective exhibitors and sponsors Primary contact to AMP Exhibitors for all aspects of AMP Exhibits & Sponsorships Respond to email and phone inquiries from existing and potential exhibitors and sponsors within response time expectations
- Update and maintain exhibits and sales database information (CadmiumCD & Salesforce)
- Manage relevant sections (exhibits, sponsorships, and FAQ’s) of the website to maintain accuracy of information.
- Collaborate with MarComm to develop strategic marketing and sales plans
- Collaborate with MarComm on Social Media strategies and campaigns (MarComm executes)
- Manage the development and production for the Exhibitor Newsletter and other related exhibitor promotion and communication (Mura and iContact) Plan and lead weekly sales meeting Prepare necessary financial and PACE reports; provide budget recommendations Manage and execute approvals of booth renderings/bag inserts/mailers Manage sponsorship fulfillment for branding, advertising, and promotional products Establish and maintain successful customer relationships, including identifying customer needs and responding creatively, and applying knowledge to determine solutions and opportunities Develop and report trends for exhibitor retention and overall satisfaction through exhibitor surveys and direct follow-up communication Prepare annual report with analytics and metrics; communicate recommendations for improvement Benchmark AMP’s exhibits program against others (e.g., best practices, increase traffic) Collaborate with the Director of Meetings & Exhibits to prepare and monitor exhibits and sponsorships budget. Maintain relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Lead the Exhibitor Advisory Group Responsibilities may be modified at any time to fulfill organizational requirements
- Proficiency in Exhibit Management and CRM systems, CadmiumCD and Salesforce preferred Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Proficiency in InDesign, Mura and iContact a plus Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills; demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally; and maintain a courteous demeanor when under pressure Able to avoid and resolve conflict, and to view situations from others’ perspectives. Excellent customer service skills Highly organized and detail-oriented, including excellent time management and decision- making ability; able to appropriately prioritize projects and tasks High level of productivity and dependability; meets deadlines Able to analyze data from financial reports, exhibitor registrations, surveys, etc. and formulate strategies. Able to handle confidential information Able to quickly learn new skills and information and put into immediate use Excellent English oral and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree a plus 5+ years’ experience in exhibits management and sales, in a medical/scientific association a plus
- Extensive use of a computer
- Work more than an 8-hour day during events Move throughout various offices and meeting locations. Routinely lift objects less than 10 lbs.; occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs. Work is primarily performed in the AMP office and various meeting locations. Telecommuting up to 3 days a week may be granted after a planned transition period but is not guaranteed. Overnight travel to the annual meeting (up to 9 consecutive days) required; possible overnight travel to 2-3 other industry meetings/site inspections (up to 5 consecutive days); inclusion of weekends may be involved.
OTHER DUTUES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, non-commission, exempt position. AMP offers competitive salary, performance bonus, and excellent benefits, including 403(b) retirement with employer contributions, generous paid time off, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability), free parking, and professional development opportunities.
The AMP office is conveniently located in Rockville, Maryland and is walking distance to Metro and major bus/shuttle lines.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume.
Individuals with disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com
For information on the Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP), please visit: https://www.amp.org/
AMP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.