Open House - Security Officer Positions (FT & PT)
4 days left
- Full Time
Recruiting Open House - Security Officer Positions (FT & PT)
Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA)
730 East Glebe Road Alexandria, VA 22305
Saturday, June 11th 10:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday, June 14th 3:00pm - 7:00pm
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is hosting two recruiting open houses for Full Time and Part Time Security Officer positions to ensure physical security presence at our facility located in Alexandria, VA. Active Security clearance preferred, but not required. Please apply directly and a recruiter will contact you to discuss the position further and schedule a time during the open interview dates. For more details about the position responsibilities and requirements please see the below description. *US Citizenship is required. We have the following shift available for hire:
Mon - Fri 6:30am - 2:30pm
Mon - Fri 2:30pm - 10:30pm
Sun - Thurs 10:30pm - 6:30am
Sat - Sun 6:30am - 2:30 pm
Sat - Sun 2:30pm - 10:30pm
Fri - Sat 10:30pm - 6:30am
Who are we?
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) operates three Federally Funded Research and Development Centers supporting federal decision making – two serving the Department of Defense and one serving the Office of Science and Technology Policy in the Executive Office of the President of the United States. IDA assists the United States Government in addressing important national security issues, particularly those requiring scientific and technical expertise. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results.
The Institute of Defense Analyses (IDA) has an immediate career opening for a Full Time Security Officer.
Why work at IDA?
Our primary sponsor is the Department of Defense and the classified work that is done at IDA must be kept secure. Our Security Officers are the first line of defense against leaks of classified information and for maintaining a safe and orderly work environment for our employees. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in the national defense community.
When you work on the security team at IDA, you work for IDA and not a contractor. We have our own in-house security which means that your job is stable and consistent. There’s a strong team dynamic and level of mutual respect.
What will you do in this role?
The IDA Security Officers are responsible for the physical security at the IDA Systems and Analyses Center in Alexandria, VA. This position is a physical security role in which security guards are required to observe and report as they patrol the premises and monitor CCTV feeds. Through instruction and on-the-job training, you will become familiar with all normal and emergency IDA Security Officer Procedures, each duty post assignment, and the physical layout of the facility.
- Visually check for appropriate security access badges.
- Escort scheduled, unscheduled, and uncleared personnel or visitors around the facility.
- Perform checks of safes containing classified documents; look for safety hazards, security violations, or unauthorized activity; and report to the appropriate supervisor.
- Pick up bagged classified waste weighing up to 10 pounds from various locations in the IDA facility for transport to the disintegrator room. Accomplish the destruction of the material via the disintegrator and other required methods of destruction while adhering to stated procedures.
- Maintain and update the shift log and prepare special reports.
- Maintain stationary posts and/or patrol all areas of the building including the parking garage.
- Issue and maintain records. Retrieve badges using visitor log-in sheets.
- Perform the duties of the Shift Supervisor as necessary, to include operating the Console Command Center.
- Perform Receptionist duties for numerous IDA facilities, using computerized visitor control system.
- What will you need?
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one year of work experience, preferably in physical security.
- Ability to use computer technology with proficiency to include: Microsoft office products, security badge creation software, and other security databases and programs.
- Great customer service attitude, ability to effectively communicate and follow instructions.
- An active Secret clearance is highly desired, but not required for consideration.
- Willingness and availability to work other shifts or overtime as needed to support 24/7 operations.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.