5 days left
- Full Time
Job Listing: The Utilities Division Superintendent is responsible for planning, directing and managing all activities of the Utilities Division. The Division has the responsibility for inspections, repairs, and maintenance to the City’s water distribution, wastewater collection, stormwater conveyance and management system that serve City of Bowie residents and businesses. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in leading utility maintenance team in maintenance and repairs to underground water, wastewater and stormwater piping systems.
Specific Duties include:
- Supervising of the Utilities Division staff of equipment operators, locators,
meter technicians and laborers;
- Maintaining equipment and materials as needed to conduct repairs to
water and wastewater and stormwater underground piping systems;
- Supervising the proper repairs to water and wastewater and stormwater piping conducted by both in house employees and contractors; Maintaining valves, piping, hydrants; Cleaning of stormwater catch basins;
- High School Diploma Valid Driver’s License Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in utility maintenance and administrative management experience Experience maintaining effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, supervisors and the public Knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods and procedures used in hydrant flushing, sewer rodding, water and sewer main repair, and water meter adjustment and repair Proven ability to develop concise business reports. Certain Combinations of experience and training may be accepted in lieu of listed minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten years’ experience in utility maintenance Five years of administrative experience Experience in supervising a small to medium staff Valid State of Maryland Certification for both water and sewer Ability to run a utility maintenance division.
How to Apply:
Human Resources Office, Bowie City Hall, 15901 Fred Robinson Way, Bowie, MD 20716
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are required to complete City application, available at www.cityofbowie.org
City of Bowie is a drug & alcohol-testing employer. EOE
Application deadline: Friday, June 3 2022 by 5:00 p.m