Network Administrator - IT
JOB LISTING: The Network Administrator is responsible for the implementation, management, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the City’s Computer Network Infrastructure and its overall security. Adhering to best practices, the Network Administrator will conduct regular evaluations of the network to ensure its availability and integrity. Perform routine computer system audits to improve system security, performance, and user experience, provide informational materials or tutorials to ensure that all users understand the importance of proper utilization of network resources, Internet, Email, and general computer systems security measures to maintain a safe and protected network environment. Manage and maintain all network appliance, its software, operating systems, and firmware. Assist in troubleshooting computer systems with network- and cybersecurity-related issues and symptoms. Answer incoming phone calls to the Help Desk, respond to emails and assigned trouble tickets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field. Four (4) years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of writing SOPs Experience with IT issue tracking systems
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid motor vehicle license issued by state in which employee resides. Cisco CCNA CompTIA Network+ Microsoft certifications in Windows Server and Windows Client.
- Must be available for scheduled on call support. (Will receive additional compensation)
- May be required to travel offsite to resolve issues that cannot be resolved remotely
- May be required to work additional hours for Emergency Operations Center (EOC) support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of networking services and protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, IPSec, NAT, Layer 2 Switching, VLAN, Telnet, SSH, and IP Routing. General knowledge in Cybersecurity, its best practices, IPS and IDS, and mitigations Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical information to non-technical users Ability to work independently, plan, and logically organize Ability to follow and understand new developments in the computer field and to be able to explain concepts clearly in writing and orally Effective analytical and creative problem-solving skills Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail Ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously within deadlines Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace where a premium is placed on teamwork Sense of humor
*COVID-19 vaccination required in order to qualify for this position