Bilingual Legal Resource Assistant
Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Bilingual Legal Resource Assistant in the Washington, DC office. The Bilingual Legal Resource Assistant will assist attorneys and other legal personnel with administrative, organizational and research work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Preparing, editing, and proofreading legal documents.
- Assisting with trial preparation including organizing trial exhibits, notebooks, charts, graphs, and other visual aids.
- Managing calendars and schedules by coordinating meetings, conference calls, and appointments.
- Entering and processing expenses and invoices.
- Coordinating and scheduling attorney travel.
- Maintaining an awareness of attorneys' caseloads and statuses.
- Establishing and maintaining attorneys' files.
- Working with Excel and PowerPoint for a variety of assignments.
- Maintaining physical and electronic case files, documents and databases.
- Working on other ad hoc projects as needed.
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter.
- Ability to speak, read and write English and Spanish fluently.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, with a bachelors or two-year degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong skills in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, various databases and Internet research skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- A proficiency with standard office procedures working in a team/collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster..
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.