The Audience Insights Manager will play an integral role in supporting the growth of our Audience Insights team and encourage adoption of data-driven strategies across our digital advertising sales groups. The Principal will report into the Director, Audience Insights and play a supporting roll in developing the tools, processes, and methodologies used to derive and deliver insights across sales, marketing and client teams. This role will be work across our research, data, and analytics teams to build cohesive audience personas, identify emerging trends, and communicate these insights to internal and external stakeholders. The right candidate has a passion for data-driven storytelling, trend spotting, and applying mixed-methods of research to marketing challenges. Supporting the Director with the development of client workshops and presentations is a key part of this roll and the right candidate will have opportunity to manage cross functional workstreams as well as grow into a people management role.
- Support sales & marketing teams with insights narratives to pitch our clients as well as to inform our creative & media recommendations on The Washington Post consumer across all our product portfolio.
- Inform internal research objectives to ensure research priorities align with market needs.
- Independently lead internal and external workshops and presentations, with appropriate support from Director and others on team as needed.
- Translate complex research studies into actionable insights and partner with brand and marketing teams to weave findings into sales collateral.
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership to raise awareness of The Washington Post's insights capabilities.
- Mentor analysts and provide quality control as they scope bespoke research requests from across our sales and marketing teams and develop supporting methodologies in partnership with research, analytics, and audience insights team.
- Leverage 1st and 3rd party data to uncover insights relevant to specific advertiser categories (i.e. technology, finance, CPG) and individual brand partners and inform the development of new personas blending the data available.
- Collaborate across data, analytics and research teams to improve existing data insights processes and products and inform new methodologies by collecting requirements internally and seeking out gaps in the marketplace.
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Market Research, Media or other related area
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in consulting, advertising, media, strategic planning, market research or other client-services environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and comfort with business intelligence and data visualization tools (i.e. Domo, Tableau, etc.)
- Familiarity with R or Python and regression modeling techniques a plus
- Understanding of descriptive statistics, significance testing, and optimization and ability to translate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Self motivator with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and strong interest in mixed methods research
- Highly motivated to take ownership and track competing projects across work streams and contribute to a collaborative culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary, with ability to independently develop and lead compelling presentations a must
- Passionate about the intersection of media, marketing, and technology and excited about supporting the development of insights as a strategic function within a successful Client Solutions organization
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow