Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant. This position will perform under limited supervision of General Manager or Deputy General Manager, performs advanced administrative and office management tasks and oversee projects and programs as assigned while exercising considerable judgment and independent action.
Essential functions include:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Prepares documents for Fairfax Water Board meetings, prepare meeting minutes, interacts and coordinates with Board members.
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Uses SAP to procure supplies. Uses SAP to enter, maintain and update files, records and logs as necessary. Uses SAP to analyze and prepare reports and other business documents as necessary.
- Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.
Associates or bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field and a minimum of eight years progressively responsible related administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint and other desktop applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of SAP helpful. Ability to adapt to new technologies. Thorough knowledge of business English, grammar, and principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation. Ability to manage complex records, assemble records into raw data, organize, analyze and transform data into pertinent information and prepare reports from said information.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website and apply. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. Applications must be received by June 3, 2022.