Building Energy Inspector
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fifth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
Competitive Compensation Package with Full Benefits Includes:
- Company-issued Gas Card, Toll Pass, & Vehicle Maintenance Allowance (in addition to salary)
- Company-issued Uniforms, iPhone/iPad, Field Equipment/Tools including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Flexible Work Schedule – Year Round Employment – No Weekends – Monday to Friday Only!
- Visit a construction site and see the job in action during the interview process!
- Paid On The Job Training – Paid Professional Development through Learning/Certification Opportunities including PEG’s HERS & HVAC Grading Certification Training Program
- Pay increases available for approved job-related certifications (RESNET/Energy Star/IECC)
- 20 Annual Paid Days Off (12 Days of Personal Time Off, Birthday PTO, 7 Company Paid Holidays)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to a 4% company match vested immediately
- Company Sponsored Medical Insurance that includes a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium
- Dental & Vision Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Accident & Pet Insurance, Basic Life & Supplemental Life Coverage
PEG is searching for motivated individuals who demonstrate a commitment and enthusiasm for Energy Efficiency, Energy Sustainability, and Building Energy Performance of New Residential Construction. This position requires you to become a certified HERS Rater. Learn more at www.resnet.us.
In this position, new employees will be provided paid on the job training that will prepare them to perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with RESNET Guidelines. This will include visual inspections of materials, data collection and visual observation of energy efficient features, and the utilization of equipment to test system performance.
Job Location: The geographical area assigned to this position includes a 50-mile radius with Frederick, MD at its center.
- Perform Home Energy Audits in accordance with New Construction RESNET/Energy Star Guidelines