DC Water/Wastewater Permit Coordinator
RK&K is seeking a dedicated Permit Coordinator in our Water/Wastewater Group supporting a major client in Washington, DC. In this role, you will be the lead Permit Coordinator responsible for supporting the processing and tracking of permits for water / wastewater projects. You will also proactively communicate with internal and external customers to facilitate permits and avoid schedule delays. This is an opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment supporting one major client full-time.
- Review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents to facilitate preparation of project permit applications for review and approval by federal and District regulatory agencies
- Prepare and submit electronic and hard copy permit applications for construction, repair, and maintenance of water and wastewater pipelines and pumping stations and related ancillary activities
- Coordinate with internal and external project managers and regulatory agency staff and lead office and field meetings to facilitate acquisition of permits
- Manage and track the status of permits for multiple projects simultaneously throughout the permit application review and approval process
- Assist project managers with addressing permit agency comments and following up with agency staff to ensure timely receipt of project permit authorizations
- Support field investigations when required
What We Offer
We proudly offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances as well as a 401(k) plan with company matching. For more information visit our website at www.rkk.com.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
With 30 offices from Pennsylvania to Florida and ranked 61st on ENR's 2021 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, our design and construction management firm specializes in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,300 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana.
RK&K ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information, require special assistance for persons with disabilities, or limited English proficiency, you may contact Human Resources at (410)728-2900.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience with DCRA, DOEE, and DDOT permitting processes, including electronic submittals through DCRA Citizen Access Portal, ProjectDox, SGS, and DDOT TOPS
- A team-oriented, proactive self-starter interested in supporting a major client full-time
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Demonstrated proficiency in organization and presentation of documentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or Civil/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field