The MIL Corporation is now hiring!
Let your imagination take flight supporting the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD). Looking to find work that stimulates your mind, challenges your skills, and satisfies your curiosity? MIL currently holds several multi-year contracts with NAWCAD in the areas of Cyber, C5ISR, and Information Technology systems. Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking an Information Systems & Cyber Security, Senior Analyst,
who will serve as an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE)
to support a Federal Government client at our St. Inigoes, MD location. This position may be eligible for some remote work depending on contract/client and hiring manager approval.
The ISSE will apply systems RMF principles and knowledge of Information Technology (IT) systems to investigate, analyze, plan, implement, assess, and validate Cyber Security for information processing systems. Key Duties
- Perform security analysis of applications, systems, and enclaves for compliance with security requirements.
- Use a variety of security techniques, technologies, and tools to evaluate security posture in highly complex computer systems and networks.
- Configure systems to meet cybersecurity and network requirements.
- Gather and organize technical information about an organization's mission goals and needs as well as makes recommendations to improve existing security posture.
- Assemble required documentation as outlined by the ISSM/ISSO for RMF packages.
- Tailor security controls from NIST SP 800-53 rev 4 for the system.
- Version control for STIG and security tools
- Assess security controls, Implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Run security tool Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans in accordance with the RMF process.
- Apply updates, patches and STIGs to Windows workstations, servers, and other network equipment.
- Create system authorization boundary diagrams encompassing traceability back to Hardware, Firmware, Software, and Ports, Protocols and Services (PPS) lists.
- Prepare for and conduct technical briefings at meetings with internal and external representatives.
- Interact frequently with internal personnel and outside representatives at various levels.
- Coordinate with field activities, obtaining statuses and providing RMF guidance
- Security +, or higher level of DoD 8570 Certification.
- 5 years of related experience with a bachelor's degree or equivalent (see below); 3 years of related experience with a master's degree.
- Demonstrate understanding of IT & OT Protocols such as IP/TCP, SSL/TL and Network Interfaces.
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct experience with IT systems information assurance technical activities, five (5) preferred.
- Training or experience in STIG viewer, checklist files and ACAS is required
- Experience with various information technologies, e.g., Windows, Cisco and Linux basics
- Solid working knowledge of system engineering and system architecture principles.
- Knowledge of sensor systems, communication systems, LAN/WAN network architecture, network topology and protocols.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Problem-solving ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with customer expectation of rapid turnaround
- Ability to communicate effectively in challenging communication and customer interactions
- Some travel may be required.
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination
- Top Secret clearance
- RMF experience
- Certifications or experience in related information processing or network system technologies.
Bachelor's Degree, from an accredited college or university, in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related discipline. Six (6) years of work experience related to the position, or an Associate's Degree plus four (4) years of additional work experience related to the position, may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree. Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess a Secret
Clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects Why MIL?
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you're fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2020, 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2020, 2017 Top Workplace Award, Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine (South Carolina)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.