Director, Trademarks and Licensing
Title: Director, Trademarks and Licensing
Position number: 114715
The Director, Trademarks and Licensing leads strategy, management, and daily operations of the University’s collegiate trademark licensing program to protect, promote and to elevate the University’s recognition as a premier institution of higher education, emphasizing excellence and supporting the University’s mission, values and goals.
Working with campus partners, notably the Office of General Counsel and University of Maryland Athletics, the Director regulates, promotes and protects the use of the university’s name and identifying marks, both on and off campus, and serves as the campus contact responsible for the use of the University brand on products and services; university promotions and advertising; sponsorships; affinity programs; and enforcement of the brand. The Director, Trademarks and Licensing is the primary liaison for all licensees and the University’s licensing agency, the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC).
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree required
● At least six years of work experience in collegiate licensing, consumer products retail, sports marketing or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
● Possess strong negotiation experience and marketing and analytical skills
● Ability to interact effectively in an academic and corporate setting; work on multiple tasks at the same time and under time constraints; and handle sensitive matters with discretion and tact while maintaining confidentiality.
● Access to transportation, as travel throughout the region is required.
● Knowledge of basic contracts, trademark laws, and property rights laws.
Understanding of corporate responsibility, fair labor and workforce issues.
Corporate partnership or marketing sponsorship experience.
Project management experience.
To apply for this position, visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/95678
For best consideration, qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of at least three professional references as soon as possible, no later than Friday, June 10, 2022.