Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator to join our team. The Project Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and monitoring project plans and schedules, project work hours, and project budgets/expenditures for two residential student properties in College Park, MD. Duties include, but are not limited to, identifying project goals and objectives, directing, managing and controlling project work and working closely with the Associate Director-Maintenance Operations (ADMO). Projecting a customer focused and professional image through in-person and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates date specific emails for residents and staff working with the Facilities Coordinator.
- Corresponds with residents concerning projects on site and removes notifications when projects are completed.
- Creates inquiry sheet for the Facilities Coordinator on current projects.
- Supplies information to the Facilities Coordinator for creation of site specific work orders.
- Closes work orders manually and submits to the Facilities Coordinator for closing in property management database.
- In the absence of the Facilities Coordinator serves as administrator for key boxes at both sites including set-up in the key system and correcting key or key box issues.
- Assigns keys and swipe access to contractors.
- Oversees for floor replacement at both sites.
- Performs inspections and follows up with maintenance request.
- Creates request for proposals (RFP) with ADMO assistance as needed.
- Researches current and new contractors.
- Receives and collects project bids.
- Schedules RFP meetings as needed.
- Coordinates with ADMO on selecting project vendors/ contractors.
- Ensures W-9 and Certificate of Insurance is on file and current for each site.
- Creates schedules and timelines for projects.
- Meets with contractors to review timelines.
- Maintains project proposals and answers project inquiries.
- Submits signed contracts to Account Manager Maintenance; keep copy for self to reference as needed
- Works with Account Manager to ensure correct payment structure and payments received.
- Directly manages projects as they take place ensuring correct work is being completed.
- Develops and maintains relationships contractors/ vendors providing feedback as necessary.
- Provides leadership and coordination throughout project ensuring thoroughness and accuracy until completion.
- Provides insight on future projects and compiles information for the ADMO.
- Revises site action plans for projects to improve.
- Creates project boards as needed.
- Prepares timelines and schedules for multiple fiscal years.
- Possess’ the ability to think unconventionally.
- Assists with Open Leasing.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two to three years’ experience in related field.
- Experience working with student housing or facilities management
- Ability to move and lift to 50lbs and navigate up and down stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicant must possess strong customer service skills, the ability to problem solve and analyze information skillfully, and have exceptional oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work as part of a team and individually with limited supervision, handle
multiple projects with changing priorities and manage a continually heavy workload.