COCM has a unique partnership with The University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland around the management of apartment living communities serving nearly three thousand students.
Capstone On-Campus Management in College Park is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team. The Maintenance Technician will assist us with all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation and repair for a student apartment community. Qualified candidates must have experience in higher-end conventional or student housing maintenance. Responsibilities include inspections, performing repairs, preparing vacant units and answering after hours emergency calls. This position does serve in a duty rotation with on-call responsibilities. Projecting a professional image through interactions with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Completes interior and exterior maintenance projects as set forth by the Maintenance Supervisor.
· Responds to all maintenance requests within 24 hours.
· Conducts daily general inspections of assigned buildings and reports findings of inspections to the Maintenance Supervisor with appropriate recommendations.
· Monitors snow accumulation to ensure steps are taken to prevent ice buildup on the property.
· Performs general furniture repair, painting during non-turn periods, general plumbing, some appliance repair, minor electrical repairs, HVAC repairs, and minor carpentry.
· Performs inspections when units are vacated.
· Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
· Responds within 30 minutes for emergency calls.
· Works mandatory overtime with no leave approved during the turn period.
· Escorts contractors onto property.
· Assist with room set-ups and furniture movement.
· Completes paperwork-i.e. weekly fire panel and vandalism reports.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Competitive pay
· Excellent medical, dental and vision
· Life and long-term disability insurance coverage
· 401(k) program with company matching contributions
Demonstrated experience in HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, electrical and carpentry are required.