Sr. Financial Analysis & Planning Analyst
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is a multi-mission science operations center for NASA’s flagship observatories. Our world-class astronomical research center is based on the Johns Hopkins University Homewood campus in Baltimore, Maryland (Click here to learn more about our missions). This position could support working from home. Candidates must be in our local market to be able to report on-site when needed.
STScI is seeking a Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst to support the planning, budget development, forecasting, compliance, and reporting activities for the Institute. This position uses Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) budgeting systems, spreadsheets, databases, and other tools to assemble and analyze financial information for the management of the STScI and it's missions, and for contractual reporting.
Your Role & Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining annual budgets and forecasts, financial analysis, and project financial management.
- Assisting with compliance, financial, and budget analyses of indirect expenses.
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly, and annual development and analysis of provisional indirect rates to actual indirect rates.
- Providing ongoing analytical financial support to the Mission Offices, timely preparing and submitting NASA 533M and 533Q financial reports, and identifying key areas of risk and/or opportunity.
- Analyzing performance for individual projects within the annual plans against their planned effort.
- Providing cost estimates and pricing that will be supplied to the government in response to proposal requests.
- Working with the scientific, technical, and administrative support units to ensure all appropriate cost elements are collected in the proposed work plan and accurately cost.
- Recommending changes in business policies, practices, and processes.
- Developing reports and graphical materials for internal and external stakeholders.
Your Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and advanced excel skills.
- Experience using Deltek/Costpoint, including COGNOS reporting is a plus.
- Experience building and maintaining advanced financial data models and analyses.
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally with stakeholders across all levels and functions in the organization.
- Practical knowledge of accounting, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) principles preferred.
- Ability to independently organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate programmatic, staffing, and cost data.
- Experience with program management and program cost analysis and/or experience developing indirect rates is desired.
- Experience administering programs for government contracts strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with a minimum of 6 years of practical experience. Master’s degree preferred but not required. CPA designation is a plus.
STScI will consider additional relevant education or experience for the stated qualifications. The starting position and salary are commensurate with education and experience. This position is a full-time position with a four-year term. You will be immediately eligible for our comprehensive benefits and option for renewal.
The starting position and salary are commensurate with education and experience. We offer an excellent and generous benefits package (Click here to explore our benefits). STScI offers a flexible and welcoming workspace for all (Click here to learn more about our culture).
TO APPLY: Share your experience by uploading a resume and completing an online application. Applications received by April 8, 2022. will receive full consideration. Applications received after this date will be considered until the position is filled.
Direct link: Sr. Financial Analysis & Planning Analyst- #0004944
Explore all career opportunities through our website at www.stsci.edu/opportunities
COVID Working Protocols: https://outerspace.stsci.edu/display/CWP
STScI embraces the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in creating a first-rate community. We reflect this deep dedication in strongly encouraging women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities (Click here to learn more about how we foster Diversity & Inclusion). Veterans, disabled individuals, or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AURA, as a leader in the astronomical community, is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout the astronomical scientific workforce www.aura-astronomy.org/diversity.asp
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor and is subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers, do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and/or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below as well as the requests for self-identification are required pursuant to these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements that are included for protection and to assist us in our record-keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.