Position title: Project Manager
Position #: 127245
The role of the Project Manager within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines and within budget under the supervision of the head of the project management group. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also assist in defining the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, engineering, social science, public policy, political science, or a related field.
- 4+ years experience in an IT project management/lead or related capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in project team management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop best practices, techniques and tools for project planning, execution and management.
- Ability to ensure projects stay on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience in higher education
- ITIL certification preferred
- PMP certification preferred
Additional information: This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Salary range: $96,000 – $110,000.
•Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
•Sitting for extended periods of time.
•Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
•Walking to partner and customer offices.
Best consideration date: 05/25/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/95270
Vaccine protocol: the University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.