The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the development and maintenance of an information infrastructure to support the work of the National Center for Evidence-Based Practice (N-CEP) and ASHA members working in evidence-based practice.
- Conduct systematic searches of the scholarly literature in support of committees doing evidence reviews and scholarly manuscripts developed by N-CEP staff.
- Conduct literature searches in support of the Evidence Maps. Assist with the maintenance of the Evidence Maps website content.
- Support the development and maintenance of N-CEP’s information resources for ease of access by staff.
- Participate in the development of training resources.
- Assist with special projects.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree in library/information sciences, social or natural science, or education
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to use Medline and other information search systems and tools to identify relevant scholarly literature
- Basic understanding of research methodology (e.g., study design, statistics) consistent with successful completion of at least one undergraduate course in research methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Functions well in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities