Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
ANCOR is the nation’s leading voice in Washington for providers of community-based intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) services. Our growing association, composed of more than 2,000 members, is looking for an Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer. People with disabilities, people of color, immigrants and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply because we believe diverse perspectives enhance our work.
The Executive Assistant will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship, but also be an integral member of a dedicated hybrid staff of 18 professionals, with the CEO and senior management based in our Alexandria, VA, and others working remotely from their homes across the country. This position is full time and will be based in the ANCOR headquarters, currently in Old Town Alexandria but which may move to a central location in Washington DC within the coming 6 to 8 months.
As Executive Assistant to the CEO you’ll spend your days:
- Handling general administrative duties to support the CEO including scheduling, arranging travel, processing, and tracking expense reports and invoices.
- Supporting the Board of Directors and Leadership Development Committee in managing election processes, evaluation surveys, and in person and virtual board meeting logistics.
- Providing logistical support for other ANCOR events as directed, coordinating catering, preparing materials, and taking minutes.
- Organizing and coordinating the CEO’s member and industry partner outreach and external relations efforts;
- Drafting correspondence and other materials, responding to written and verbal inquiries, and, as directed, preparing, proofreading and editing documents; and
- Engaging in special projects and other duties as assigned.
We’re excited to talk with you about this opportunity if you:
- Don’t take yourself too seriously, have a good sense of humor, enjoy working with people, welcome a variety of work assignments, and thrive in a fast-paced mission-driven environment.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Have at a minimum 2 years’ experience working as an administrative or executive assistant.
- Enjoy working independently on projects, from conception to completion, are able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion, and
- Share our commitment to improving the lives of marginalized people including people with disabilities, low- and moderate-income people, people of color, and/or other traditionally underrepresented groups.
Knowledge of, or enthusiasm for learning promising practices in member engagement and office management, proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and openness to embracing and learning new technology will make an applicant stand out.
Salary commensurate with experience within the range of $60,000 to $80,000.
ANCOR is proud to offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive health coverage, comprehensive vision and dental coverage, retirement contributions, several weeks of paid vacation and holiday leave, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave, a flexible work schedule and more.
ANCOR is also proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for this opportunity, write an email with a few bullet points about why you’re excited about the position, attach your résumé, put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line and send it to ExecutiveAssistant@ancor.org.
For best consideration, apply by June 1, 2022.