The Information Technology Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for an AV Engineer in the Washington DC office. The AV Engineer is responsible for the coordination and setup of all audio and video services, solutions and equipment including development of new solutions, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and working with Arnold & Porter’s Audio Visual vendors on billing issues and procurement.
The hours for this position are 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing, installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining and supporting all A/V solutions to ensure optimum performance for firm users and clients.
- Acting as the liaison to Arnold & Porter’s audio conference and videoconference bridge, video duplication, A/V equipment vendors and any other vendors related to Arnold & Porters A/V needs.
- Duplicating and editing audio and video; capturing webcasts and other streaming media to DVD or other medium.
- Tracking, scheduling and maintaining all firm portable A/V equipment (i.e., TV’s, video media players. slide projectors, Elmo's, cameras, overhead projectors, LCD Projectors, screens, podiums, microphones and audio conference units).
- Setting up all A/V needs in support of conferences or special events.
- Maintaining, monitoring and periodically testing the operation of all built in A/V systems, including the conference rooms.
- Documenting and keeping current administrative and design manuals for the implementation and maintenance of the firm’s A/V network.
- Providing quality customer service to all of the firm’s staff and clients including in direct support of A/V needs.
- Assisting in the coordination of vendors to maintain and service the firm's Cable TV system.
- A two-year college degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience in providing workstation support in a Microsoft networking environment.
- Minimum of four years of experience designing, installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining and supporting all A/V solutions.
- Experience with Exchange and a document management system is a plus.
- Strong client service skills and initiative.
- Technical experience with hardware configuring and supporting workstations, laptops, and printers required.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to read and interpret A/V wiring diagrams.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Previous employment in legal information technology is a plus.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.