Front line supervisor of building services and facilities. Working position that also supervises and communicates with direct reports, communicates with planners, customers, and management. Lend guidance to workers on daily tasks to be completed. Ensure that the building, grounds, and workspace is safe and functional. Inspect and maintain facilities. Complete shift reports, maintain proper time keeping, ensure shifts are properly staffed. Tasks Performed:
- Lead, coach, mentor, motivate and inspire direct reports to achieve optimum results
- Ensure compliance to the schedule for building up keep and scheduled work.
- Communicate with the customer to understand issues, maintain uptime, ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a culture of safety by auditing for PPE compliance, coaching employees through difficult jobs, ensuring the right tools are being used, and discussing safety regularly. Be involved in correcting safety issues throughout the plant.
- Complete time keeping correctly.
- Strive for continuous improvement throughout the facility.
- Frequent use of a fork truck to load trailers with waste and recycling.
- Snow removal, including plowing, salting, shoveling.
- Running the compactors.
- Use Outlook to schedule trailer loads.
- Use Microsoft Office products to maintain schedules.
- Meet the Department KPI's.
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, bathrooms, locker rooms, conference rooms, break areas, parking lots, and outdoor areas
- Share knowledge up and down the org chart and across shifts.
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of all direct reports, provides regular feedback to direct reports in the form of annual reviews, quarterly reviews, and informal feedback sessions.
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facilities needs
- Coordinates facilities work with other departments to ensure jobs get completed according to specification of the job.
- Maintain a safety-first attitude.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College or technical degree a plus
- 3-5 years of management experience in facilities or maintenance
- 1-3 years previous industrial cleaning experience
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to provide excellent customer service while problem solving
- Great time management, organization, and prioritization abilities
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow