Executive Administrator - Educational Programs
Seeking experienced administrator to assist in educational program support, budgeting, reporting, promotion and oversight of office operations. The International Psychotherapy Institute (IPI) is a not-for-profit, post-graduate educational institute for mental health professionals in Bethesda, MD,
Educational Program Support
Assists Director and faculty in program and event planning, marketing, and ensuring compliance with requirements for providing continuing education credit. Prepares continuing education applications and annual reports demonstrating compliance with continuing education guidelines. Coordinates promotion and website registration process with Digital Content Manager. Oversees student application process. Contracts meeting space when needed; manages logistics and provides onsite support for local in-person training. Assists in preparation of course schedules, handouts and material. Delegates and supervises program support provided by Administrative Assistant.
Budgeting and Reporting
Prepares annual and project budgets in coordination with Director and Treasurer. Assists Director with financial planning, including setting registration fees and tuition, allocation of scholarship funds. Primary point of contact with accounting/bookkeeping firm. Provides information as needed to accountant to implement invoicing, bill payment, payroll and tax filing. Coordinates preparation of regular financial reports with accountant; reports regularly to the Director and Treasurer as necessary on financial matters and pertinent financial activities involving Administrator and accounting firm. Supervises administrative assistant in preparation of bank deposits, bill payments, and invoicing.
Support to Director, Board, and Faculty Leadership
Coordinates administrative work with Director, staff and faculty. Attends monthly Faculty Steering Committee meetings; provides Administrator’s report at meeting, takes minutes. Attends Board of Directors Meetings; assists Board Chair and Director in developing meeting agenda, takes minutes, assists Chair by scheduling meetings and distributing information to Board Members. Meets as necessary with Board Chairman and Director relating to Board duties.
Assists with transition to digital filing system and oversees maintenance of records. Contracts with vendors. Responds to inquiries and administrative requests. Supervises administrative assistant.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Our ideal candidate is a college graduate with experience in the administration of educational programs, or a relevant administrative role.
Candidates should have:
• Familiarity with a variety of office technologies. Proficient in current standard office software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and QuickBooks.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information effectively.
• Ability to develop successful collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization.
• Experience with budgeting and tracking income and expenses
• Experience developing and implementing administrative procedures
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Preferred Candidates will have:
• Experience in the administration of educational programs
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and institutional practices specific to the administration of a non-profit educational institution.
• Knowledge of continuing education provider regulations, policies, guidelines, and standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Annual Salary: $75,000
- On-site parking
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays and annual leave
COVID-19 safety considerations:
We follow CDC recommendations for COVID-19. Large office will have 2-3 people with desks separated by at least 6 feet, with KN95 or N95 masks required. Two air purifiers and additional intake and exhaust fans positioned in windows (weather permitting) to maximize airflow as recommended by the CDC. Current staff are vaccinated and boosted. Orientation will be done in the office with some flexibility for telework combined with onsite work due to COVID-19 with expectation to work full-time onsite when considered safe.
Education administration: 5 years (Preferred)
Apply for Executive Administrator - Educational Programs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly