Project Manager, Business Process Improvement
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The Project Manager, Business Process Improvement (PM-BPI) in the Office of Business Excellence (OBE) plays a key role and is critical for developing a sustainable culture of continuous process improvement that will drive operational excellence at ASHA. The incumbent will offer project management services to ASHA's National Office staff and is primarily responsible for the planning and execution of departmental or cross-functional process improvement projects. Responsibilities also include the management of any assigned OBE-managed projects and supporting ASHA employees with tools, templates, methodologies, and techniques related to process improvement and project management, in order to advance the culture of business excellence and effectively execute best-in-class business practices. Projects may be staffed by ASHA staff, contractors, or a combination.
- Define and improve process management methods (such as standard work, requirements, and outcomes) to drive innovative process improvements and business results.
- Manage and collaborate with functional groups to conduct business process analysis, identify problems or gaps in processes, determine course of action and impacts to the organization, and recommend measurable improvement changes.
- Provide clear and engaging training and coaching on process improvement and project management topics.
- Support staff and act as a facilitator in training, processes, procedures, and policies to implement process improvement strategies and effectively manage projects.
- Conduct full life-cycle project management on selected projects, including project execution and communication, scheduling, milestone tracking, issue management, and change management. Project management responsibilities include:
- Lead project team’s development of key objectives, scope, and success criteria, including the development of the project charter.
- Help facilitate and support business analysts in tasks for collecting and documenting requirements.
- Plan, schedule, and track all project deliverables.
- Lead project team meetings to engage all team members.
- Maintain project timelines by managing a clear project schedule while also addressing issues, risks, and scope changes.
- Track and manage project budget.
- Communicate project status to all project stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Facilitate testing and efficient quality assurance practices.
- Conduct project evaluations upon project close-out.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3–5 years’ work experience in project management
- Minimum 3–5 years’ work experience in business analysis or process improvement
- Experience in providing business training and consultation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Green or Black Belt) preferred
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and methodologies
- Experience implementing standardized process improvement and project management processes
- Proficient in business process mapping tools and techniques, flowcharts and visual diagrams
- Proficient in project management tracking software
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Knowledge of a formal project management methodology, such as the PMBOK (preferred)
- Proficient in project estimating and project budgets
- Expert knowledge in quality management, vendor management, risk management, and change management
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong oral communication skills; adept at gathering and summarizing information quickly, completely, accurately, and clearly
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining business relationships, with ability to interact with clients at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled facilitator
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams, acts as a team player
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to create and collaborate on compelling and appropriate verbal and visual presentations