The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The Certification Analyst works with certification staff to implement and maintain policies, processes, procedures, and communications within the AMS and/or certification management systems. The incumbent will support programmatic and operational decision-making using data-driven and systems-thinking approaches to standardize the certification application and certification maintenance processes. The incumbent will work on projects and process improvement initiatives that improve service to internal and external stakeholders including staff, applicants, and individuals who hold the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence.
- Perform business process and systems impact analysis of current versus future-state functionality with a focus on quality improvement, quality assurance, data integrity, document management, and consistent business rule application.
- Pull relevant data to analyze, communicate, and create reports that inform decision-making by leadership, volunteer staff, and other stakeholders that interface with the Certification department. Analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Support project and process improvement goals by collaborating with Developers, Business Systems Analysts, and product/project owners to create and clarify requirements, implement user stories, create and implement test cases, facilitate solution designs, solve problems, co-manage products backlog, and provide overall guidance for implementation as liaison to product owners.
- Review communications platforms and messages and update external and internal communications to reflect changes and ensure consistent messaging, as needed.
- Assume lead responsibility for certification issues escalated outside of normal business processes to include the application review process, certification renewal, and certification maintenance.
- Create, update, and maintain SOPs, training documents, and development tools for continuous improvement.
- Process certification applications and certification maintenance/audits as needed.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Baccalaureate degree
- Previous experience working in a certification organization required; experience with an NCCA and/or ISO/IEC 17024 accredited certification program preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically advanced Microsoft Excel and/or program management software, to produce reports, including graphs and pivot tables
- Demonstrated ability to produce training materials, presentations, and business correspondence
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to collect, interpret, and report data from multiple sources
- Experience with Association Management System (AMS), Credentialing/Certification Management System (CMS), and Document Management System (DMS) required; experience with netForum, Cobalt Engagement Dynamics, and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred
- Work experience in process improvement, fundamental understanding of Project Management principles, and use of digital work management tools
- Familiarity with use case diagramming, user story creation, business process mapping, or Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Basic knowledge in one or more of concepts such as Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, and/or Lean/Six Sigma desired
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Has demonstrated initiative; is detail oriented; is able to learn new systems and processes quickly, develop creative solutions, build strong relationships, and work independently and as part of a team
- Can organize and prioritize multiple and complex projects and tasks and efficiently manage workload