7 days left
- Full Time
The Firm Administration Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Compliance Coordinator in Washington, DC office. The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Client Service & Compliance and the Compliance Manager with providing support to ensure the firm’s compliance with its policies and procedures firmwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the schedule of firm policies, updates, training modules, and compliance requirements and deadlines.
- Assisting with compiling documentation for Professional Liability and other insurance renewals.
- Tracking both client and firm reporting deadlines and maintaining the shared Compliance Calendar; ensuring that all necessary internal steps are taken to meet various filing deadlines.
- Maintaining various tracking documents for the Compliance Team as necessary, including assisting the Compliance Manager with tracking participation by firm personnel in certain training programs and other surveys in connection with compliance reports.
- Assisting the Compliance Manager with drafting and filing of certain reports as necessary.
- Overseeing the Client Survey response process by delegating to appropriate stakeholders and ensuring completion in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Community Service Committee Co-Chairs and Diversity & Inclusion Chief in monitoring the Service Day mailbox, clearing conflicts and approving Service Day projects.
- Assisting the Compliance Manager with paying invoices and submitting receipts for reimbursement related to compliance matters.
- Assisting with scheduling meetings (telephone, in person, videoconference) which may include requesting conference rooms, sending calendar invitations, and coordinating AV requests.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.