Editor - GovernmentTechnology Content
- Manifest LLC
- Washington D.C.
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Apr 24, 2022
- May 29, 2022
- Media / Journalism / Advertising
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
Manifest is a proudly independent content marketing agency, with honors that include Content Marketing Agency of the Year, a Silver Effie for Sustained Excellence, and one of the Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the nation. We are hiring an Editor of Government Technology Content for one of our largest and fastest growing accounts – a Fortune 200 company. In this role, you will write, edit, and produce B2B technology content for federal and local government audiences, including features, shorter online pieces, video and more. You will collaborate with a smart and dedicated content marketing team, including two other government technology editors, at Manifest for one of the nation’s largest technology solutions and services providers. You’ll take ownership and leadership responsibilities for the audience you build and nurture, and you will also work directly with clients as well as pitch coverage ideas directly to them. This role is hybrid and is based in Washington, D.C.
- Lead editorial and messaging direction for B2B government technology content. In keeping with client brand parameters, own editorial calendar development, content creation and content editing on a variety of content projects. Hone and develop multidiscipline marketing and content campaigns across multiple channels. Proactively collaborate with analytics, audience engagement and performance marketing to support content strategy with data-driven creative ideas. Assign stories to and work closely with freelance writers as needed. Attend and cover industry events as needed. Identify opportunities to bring brand and marketing insights to the wider content program.
- 4+ years of experience as a journalist and/or editor. Experience covering federal and/or local government strongly preferred. Experience in content marketing strongly preferred. Sharp writing and editing skills and ability to craft compelling narrative. Experience with content management systems, HTML and CSS. Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines. Experience editing and writing about technology strongly preferred. On-camera video experience a plus. Multimedia experience a plus. Experience working with customers or clients a plus. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
What We Do
At Manifest, we build businesses and brands by delivering unmistakable content in just the right context. At Manifest, we embrace different backgrounds, different experiences, differing opinions, discussion, and productive debate. It is through embracing our differences that our greatest work is achieved. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, identity, disability status, sexual orientation, national origin, and experience is what has powered us thus far, and it is what will ensure we stay Unmistakable. Manifest is an equal opportunity employer.