Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET)
- Rockville, Maryland
- Apr 23, 2022
- May 28, 2022
- Communications, Marketing and Public Relations
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) is a 4,000-member scientific society whose members conduct basic and clinical pharmacological research and work for academia, government, large pharmaceutical companies, small biotech companies, and non-profit organizations. Our members' research efforts help develop new medicines and therapeutic agents to fight existing and emerging diseases.
ASPET is seeking an outstanding Marketing and Communications Coordinator to support the Society’s communications efforts, including: social media, quarterly magazine, email newsletter, membership marketing, email marketing, and online community to build awareness and engagement for ASPET with key constituents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and maintains ASPET’s social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs, YouTube, and Wikipedia.
- Works with marketing and communications team, other key staff members, and society leaders to write, plan, post, schedule, and implement social media campaigns and posts to increase member involvement and market ASPET’s activities in coordination with the MARCOM team.
- Coordinates production of the quarterly magazine, The Pharmacologist, including, but not limited to, collecting, and creating content, planning, and tracking work of staff and freelance contributors, collecting graphics and permissions for articles, creating, and implementing production timelines and approval processes, proofreading, and editing for clarity, accuracy, consistency of message, presentation, and style.
NewsBrief Email Newsletter
- Writes, edits, and coordinates production of the monthly email newsletter, ASPET NewsBrief, including but not limited to, collecting, creating, and implementing content, production timelines, and approval processes.
- Works with Director of Marketing and Communications, other key staff members, and society leaders to write, create, and produce emails related to all society activities and programs.
- Assists with developing, planning, and executing marketing and communications initiatives to support programs that demonstrate membership value through recruitment, engagement, and retention of members.
- Assists with membership tasks and help develop and implement new membership engagement and outreach initiatives.
- Writes and develops creative and engaging membership marketing materials.
- Works closely with MARCOM team to communicate programs and activities in the online community, ASPET Connects. Manage, promote, and grow ASPET’s peer-to-peer online member community.
Other MARCOM Duties
- Contributes and assists with the coordination of ASPET’s Marketing and Communications Plan, including working with all ASPET staff to communicate activities and opportunities to members and other stakeholders.
- Works with Director of Marketing and Communications to support campaigns for all society programs, activities, and initiatives.
- Executes plans that include print, broadcast, and online content.
- Writes and/or edits copy for MARCOM projects, including advertising, news releases, announcements, statements, publications, and other projects as assigned.
- Assists with marketing and communications efforts for ASPET’s annual meeting, other educational programs, and membership engagement.
- Reviews and updates website content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other forms of social media, including Facebook Insights, Hootsuite, and other analytical tools.
- Knowledge in email platforms, production of e-newsletters/magazines, and proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Must have the initiative to prioritize, manage, and coordinate multiple assignments with tight timelines and budgets.
- Must have strong written and oral communication, proof-reading, editing skills, attention to detail, and excellent organization and project management skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate with staff, vendors, and members and must be comfortable working as part of a team.
- Knowledge in online communities, design software such as InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
- Knowledge of podcasts and video production a plus.
- Some travel is required.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in marketing and communications. Experience developing, coordinating, and implementing effective online and electronic marketing communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related marketing, communications, or public relations field preferred. College courses with relevant work experience required.
This position offers a competitive salary with exceptional benefits that include a 403(b)-retirement plan; paid time off; medical, dental and vision insurance plans; flexible spending account; life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to the Metro and on major bus lines.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Individuals with Disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about ASPET, please visit www.aspet.org
ASPET is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.