The Universities at Shady Grove
5 days left
- Full Time
Payroll Title: Coordinator
Functional Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Category: Contingent II Contractual Position
Location: The Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD 20850
Posting Date: 04/12/2022
Closing Date: 05/12/2022
This position will provide coordination and support to the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) management, hiring managers, staff and students in the areas of recruitment, benefits, professional development, employee engagement and recognition, employee relations, and compensation.
The position is responsible for the full employee “lifecycle” to make sure that there is a continuity of service and that our clientele receives excellent customer service. This requires experience across multiple HR functional areas and an intensive understanding of best HR practices.
The position is responsible for identifying, developing and facilitating training programs to support staff learning and development needs.
The incumbent will partner with HR team member(s) to carry out duties such as employment verification, research, and developing reports. The incumbent is responsible to provide support to the HR Manager on a variety of HR initiatives and functions, including but not limited to research and report writing, committee work, labor relations, and other HR related duties. This position will provide administrative support to the human resource functions including record-keeping, file maintenance, office supplies etc.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Higher Education Administration or a closely related field is required.
▪ Three to five years of relevant HR experience.
▪ Master’s degree in HR or related field.
▪ PHR or SHRM CP preferred.
▪ Experience in multiple human resources areas strongly preferred.
▪ Experience in higher education or working with one or more of the USM institutions a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
▪ Demonstrated working knowledge of principles and practices of HR including recruitment procedures, compensation practices, personnel reporting, record keeping, employee relations, and knowledge of federal and state employment labor laws such as FLSA, FMLA and practices;
▪ Ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize workload;
▪ Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
▪ Strong oral and written communication skills;
▪ Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective communications and relationships with hiring managers and other stakeholders;
▪ Ability to set priorities consistent with expectations and effectively escalate concerns and seek direction when needed;
▪ Ability to maintain the highest level of sensitivity and confidentiality in all matters related to human resources;
▪ Maintains composure in all situations with a high degree of excellent customer service;
▪ Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment; also possesses the ability to collaborate, contribute and be a team player.
▪ Demonstrated proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Office.
▪ Professional office environment. Work requires prolonged hours of sitting and/or standing in front of a computer, and communicating with stakeholders;
▪ Requires the ability to operate standard office equipment such as fax machine, copy machine etc.
▪ Visual acuity is required to review, prepare, and/or analyze written reports, spreadsheets, data and figures for accuracy;
▪ Ability to lift and carry small parcels, packages, and other items (up to 20 lbs.), push carts between offices when needed;
▪ Occasional travel to various sites (i.e. UMCP, various departments within USG, etc.)
This is a contingent II contractual position. This position is located in Rockville, MD.
To apply for this position, please visit https://ejobs.umd.edu