Accounting Department Administrative Assistant
- Arnold & Porter
- Washington D.C.
- Apr 19, 2022
- May 24, 2022
- Accountant, Finance
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Full Time
The Finance & Accounting Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for an Accounting Department Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC office. The Accounting Department Administrative Assistant will provide clerical and project support to the Finance & Accounting Managers and Directors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing memos, emails and reports as requested.
- Preparing various departmental letters, including: partner employment verification letters; partner retirement plan participant cost of living adjustment letters; residency certifications; and compensation memos for Counsel.
- Providing Form W-9 and completing Bank Verification or Vendor Verification forms on request from clients and vendors.
- Photocopying, faxing, and scanning documents as well as preparing certified mail.
- Compiling and entering partner forms as well as following up with partners for missing forms.
- Collecting and compiling data for firm charitable contribution letters. Following up with charitable organizations to obtain letters, if they are not received.
- Maintaining Finance & Accounting Department policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the administration of firm credit cards. Reconciling monthly use to ensure users are complying with firm policy.
- Recording and depositing physical checks received in the DC office.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for the Finance & Accounting Managers or Directors.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of administrative experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (formulas, vlookup, pivot tables).
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.