Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Gift Shop Coordinator who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Gift Shop Coordinator you will:
• Assist customers and perform cashier duties.
• Greet all Guests entering the Gift Shop, thank and invite them back upon leaving.
• Compute Guest check totals with speed and accuracy. operates cash drawer daily and handles payment for shop items.
• Operates cash drawer daily and handles payment for shop items.
• Accommodate our Guests and employees by giving prompt service.
• Keep the Gift Shop clean and well maintained.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Retail experience required.
• Excellent customer service skills and effective communication.
• Knowledge of retail operation for museums or similar educational organizations.
• Organized self-starter with ability to build educational gift shop inventory.
• Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Database and data entry skills.
• Able to work on POS system.
• Strong Visual Display capabilities
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (emailing, texting etc.)
• Able to multitask.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered or contact Tsaunders@adventisthealthcare.com for more information.
Works on Sunday. Hours are 11 AM - 4:00 PM
Also, have the flexibility to occasionally work more days to cover vacations.
The hours Monday - Friday: 10AM - 4 pm
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.