Shady Grove Medical Center seeks to hire an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for our Med Surg Unit who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As an LPN, you will:
• Function as a care team member under the leadership of the RN who is the team leader.
• Contribute to the nursing assessment by collecting data through direct observation, interviews with the client or client's family and significant others, and review of the client's medical record and environment.
• Implement elements of patient plan of care within scope of LPN practice.
• Report to other members of the health care team in a timely, accurate and complete manner on data collected from the client, client's family and / or significant others.
• Document data in the patient record in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
• Recognize the rights of clients and provides a safe and therapeutic environment.
• Implement RN developed teaching plans.
• Delegate tasks to certified nursing assistants within their scope of practice.
• High School Diploma and completion of accredited LPN program
• Valid Maryland LPN or compact license required
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
• One year of current clinical experience
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be considered or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Continuous data collection and implementation of nursing care.
Implements elements of patient plan of care within scope of LPN practice, including but not limited to:
Purposeful hourly rounding
ADLs, mobility, skin care,
Administration of medications and treatments
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.