Fundraising Communications Manager
- Rockville, Maryland
- Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $84,519 - $93,190 https://www.asha.org/careers/asha-jobs/benefits/
- Apr 18, 2022
- May 23, 2022
- Communications, Fundraising
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to guide and implement an integrated communications and marketing strategy for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation to maximize charitable fundraising. This position is responsible for multi-channel messaging (social media, web copy, emails, etc.) that will motivate and engage stakeholders, broaden the audience of donors, improve donor retention, and increase ASHFoundation brand awareness overall. This position will coordinate with the ASHFoundation team and other teams across the affiliated association national office to update and create new content to ensure currency, relevance, and effectiveness with different stakeholder audiences. The content is based on a newly developed strategy toolkit inclusive of written and visual identity guidelines. The position is involved in market behavior analysis, analyzing market segments, reporting on fundraising marketplace trends, and providing ongoing analysis of the competitive landscape to support planning and decision-making. The position has ultimate responsibility for managing communications strategy milestones and measuring impact.
- Plan, develop, and execute multi-channel initiatives that communicate the American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation brand to different ASHFoundation stakeholder audiences. Collaborate closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development to align strategy for all messaging activities to achieve consistency and effectiveness in articulating the organization’s mission.
- Conceptualize, develop, and write creative, effective marketing pieces (print and digital) that communicate the value, quality, and benefits of the ASHFoundation in order to maximize engagement and support for the organization. Includes, but not limited to, targeted marketing and content.
- Execute operational planning to develop project timelines; track budgets, schedules and deliverables; coordinate relevant documentation, correspondence, evaluations, and reports. Manage relationships with external vendors.
- Assist the ASHFoundation team in feasibility, development and fielding of market research to achieve goals. Stay abreast of marketplace trends and communications tracking data to help inform decision-making relative to fundraising initiatives and content development.
- Strategize, consult, and build capacity for the ASHFoundation to leverage social media tools and techniques for fundraising expansion goals.
- Represent the ASHFoundation with internal staff units and on national office teams to communicate and implement initiatives pertinent to communications functions.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Fundraising, or Nonprofit Management.
- 7+ years’ experience in fundraising and marketing, and/or charitable foundation operations, working in a professional setting.
- Experience in developing and executing multiple, integrated, cross-channel campaigns inclusive of brand marketing objectives, with application to print, e-mail, social media, and mobile technology tactics.
- Experience that demonstrates strategic, creative, and analytic thinking.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated strategic organizational skills, including project management knowledge and abilities, production knowledge, and marketing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and administer comprehensive marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret market research studies, such as propensity and segmentation.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; independently compose correspondence and technical documents. Requires excellent copywriting, proofing, and editing of marketing communications and manuscripts, including feedback to graphic designers on layout and design.
- Demonstrated proficiency using technology to organize and execute projects. Familiarity with using Microsoft Office software suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, netFORUM, electronic bulletin boards). Familiarity with Constituency Relationship databases, Google Analytics, Excel Pivot tables to inform decision-making.
- Association/Foundation experience desired
- Familiarity with the discipline of communication sciences and disorders preferred
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple and varied projects and tasks
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to assist others
- Willingness to learn and apply information within the discipline of communication sciences and disorders