The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The successful candidate for the copywriter position is a professionally trained writer with 7+ years of experience in an agency or in-house environment. The incumbent is responsible for writing, editing, and communicating fully developed ideas across channels. The ideal candidate has a passion for writing compelling stories that both inspire and influence.
- Write from a story-first, sale second mindset.
- Collaborate closely with the creative team (designers, art directors, producers, video editors and animators) to deliver concepts and stories that help push the creative work forward.
- Develop innovative ideas from creative briefs.
- Provide writing and copy-editing expertise in a wide variety of executions, including script writing, advertising, digital marketing, captioning, and long form copy. In addition, be able to create engaging headlines, taglines, and calls to action, following brand voice standards.
- Work cross-functionally with both the creative team and various internal teams to ensure creative concepts, approach, and tone are aligned with the brand strategy.
- Create engaging, well-researched scripts that highlight member stories, explainer videos and other video content for social media.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (journalism, communications, advertising, etc.)
- 7+ years of professional copywriting and editing experience in an agency or in-house environment.
- An available online portfolio of work that includes a healthy demonstration of scriptwriting, advertising, digital marketing, and long form copy.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Solid knowledge of writing for SEO to drive traffic to target content
- Fluent in AP & Chicago styles
- Proficient with Microsoft products
- Experience with Workfront and/or InCopy a plus
- Experience with video caption writing/editing a plus
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Have a passion for adapting stories into video scripts
- Ability to craft a narrative that pulls viewers through video content
- Awareness of pacing to keep content punchy and engaging in short and long forms
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Able to combine fresh ideas with a high attention to detail
- Solid time management skills
- Keen understanding of best practices in content creation for video scripting, digital marketing, newsletter, and web content
- Innately detail oriented
- Experience with writing health content a plus.