Cash Application Accountant
The Finance & Accounting Department of Arnold & Porter has two Cash Application Accountant openings. The Cash Application Accountants can be located in the Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Tallahassee or Washington, DC office. The Cash Application Accountant is responsible for performing accounts receivable functions, including cash receipt entry, adjustments, research, and reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring notifications to attorneys for receipts, partial payments, overpayments, third party reimbursements, etc.
- Communicating with clients and attorneys on a daily basis responding to inquiries about payments and applications.
- Collaborating with Billing to facilitate posting of bills needed for cash receipt entry and to resolve billing issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business discipline preferred; equivalent experience considered.
- Minimum of three years of dedicated specialized cash receipts experience.
- Law Firm and/or professional services background and experience with Aderant is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- High level of business acumen and ability to multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare an accurate, highly detailed work product.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage large amounts of data.
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.