WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fourth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
PEG, LLC is in need of a motivated and team-oriented HR Generalist to support our busy HR Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the recruiting process, coordinating new employee onboarding, enforcing company policy and practices, and providing overall support for the department.
The qualified candidate must recognize the significance of working efficiently with high energy and passion as they assist with sourcing and onboarding the next members of our PEG Team while providing implementing company policy and providing overall HR support for current PEG Team Members.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills which will be essential in communicating with multiple personalities, different career specialities, and levels of management. As part of the HR Department, this position requires a candidate that understands the importance of labor laws and how they play a part in company policies and procedures, compliance, and talent acquisition.
Job Location: This position is based in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Assist in coordinating the successful execution of the recruiting process involving the promoting of open job positions, sourcing and screening potential candidates, and scheduling interviews while streamlining overall communication for the applicant and Hiring Managers.
- Assist in devising and implementing sourcing strategies to build pipelines of potential applicants, such as forming relationships with colleges and trade schools, researching third party recruiting platforms, networking with recruiters, and employer branding initiatives.
- Assist with job posting and advertisement processes including maintaining and tracking locations of current job postings
- Assist in completing background checks, professional reference checks, and other employee eligibility verifications.
- Assist in facilitating and assisting with the completion of new hire packets, scanning/filing of documents for employee personnel files, and other HR-related onboarding tasks
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Assists in routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Assist in maintaining files, records, and database with effective filing systems in direct connection with the maintenance of our HRIS
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to assist and support the Human Resources Department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- 3+ years of experience working as a HR Generalist or similar position
- Relevant HR Certification (SHRM-CP, PHR, etc.) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Familiarity with using social media for recruiting, resume databases, and professional networks
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance • 2 Weeks PTO & Company Paid Holidays • 401(k) Retirement Plan • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities • Corporate Sponsored Events •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.