Special Events Assistant
The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Special Events Assistant in the Washington, DC office. The Special Events Assistant provides administrative support for the Special Events Department and reports to the Special Events Manager and Director of Special Events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing and updating invitation and RSVP lists as well as drafting invitations and executing registration websites.
- Preparing onsite attendee materials and name badges.
- Scheduling the appropriate number of staff for marketing events.
- Maintaining and managing content for Events pages on the firm intranet.
- Coordinating the firm’s participation in trade shows and conferences for which the firm serves as a sponsor or exhibitor. Installing and dismantling the firm’s exhibit and materials.
- Providing administrative support including setting up meetings and conference rooms, and meeting materials.
- Preparing and processing invoices, bills, and expense reports.
- Bachelor’s degree (degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Events Management or Hospitality preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Prior events experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in a range of computer software applications, databases, MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-PowerPoint; familiarity with ON24, Zoom, Vuture, Cvent and InterAction a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to handle a number of responsibilities/projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and client service skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as a key team member.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, early mornings, evenings and weekends as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.