Are you passionate about teaching English to language learners? Do you find yourself helping others learn how to properly read, write, and speak English? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS, you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
We are in search of an Instructor who supports the school’s mission by preparing our adult immigrant students to become productive and civically engaged residents of Washington, DC. The Instructor provides excellent instruction that supports students’ diverse educational backgrounds, learning styles, and language abilities. The incumbent organizes preparation and teaching; and conducts basic literacy assessment and evaluation. The responsibilities of the position include creating materials specific to the assigned level/class, designing a class syllabus, and writing daily lesson plans to address all student needs directly. The Instructor is expected to engage with multiple formal and informal data forms to help students advance academically. Additionally, the role of the Instructor requires the use of several school required digital platforms to instruct such as Schoology, the school’s learning management system. Student tracking forms, daily attendance, student scores, and timecards are examples of administrative responsibilities that extend beyond the time spent teaching in the classroom.
• Provide classroom instruction and group participation activities to teach different content/skills areas such as: basic math, reading, writing skills, vocabulary, and grammar to native and nonnative speakers of English adult learners.
• Assist students in gaining critical thinking skills, problem-solving techniques, and proficiency in numeracy and literacy.
• Use interactive teaching methods including strategies for differentiated multisensory activities for a whole class, groups, peer-to-peer, and individuals.
• Utilize required school technology, including Schoology, Achieve 3000, Google Drive, interactive boards and other web-based applications to deliver the curriculum.
• Administer formal and informal assessments, pre/post-tests, and perform other administrative duties.
• Develop mastery of materials and subject matter through research, data analysis, and professional development training.
• Work as a member of the team to support student learning and achievement.
• Play an active role in helping students persist toward their goals by closely monitoring students' attendance and performance, addressing issues appropriately, following proper procedures in tutoring, homework, etc.
• Design a course syllabus and prepare lesson materials and instructional aids
• Work with classroom Paraeducator if applicable
• Work with tutors if needed for student success
• Keep daily attendance records current in the Student Information System
• Attend faculty meetings and professional development
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must have at least one of the following: Masters’ degree in Adult Education, Teaching, Linguistics, TESOL, language studies or related field
• Two to three years of experience teaching (adult education preferred)
• Candidates should be knowledgeable about pedagogy and utilize teaching strategies to support English Language Learners
• Must have the ability or strong skills to teach math and/or reading to students
• Demonstrate self-motivation, continual learning, and taking initiative
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or with others in a team approach
• Must be flexible and able to make adaptations to meet the academic needs of students with different learning skills and challenges
• Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent communication skills, be able to explain concepts to others effectively
• Excellent organizational skills and timely completion of tasks
• Knowledge and experience using Windows, and Microsoft Applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
• Knowledge and experience using on-line teaching platforms such as interactive boards, learning management systems, Google Drive, and other web-based applications
• Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
• Commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues, students, and school partners
Monday – Friday 9:00 am– 12:00 pm & Monday – Thursday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Monday – Thursday: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b607 f4-564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=436376&source=CC2&lang=en_US.
This position will be posted until filled