Property Accounts Supervisor
Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County
Announcement Number: PD14-43
Position Title: Property Accounts Supervisor
Division/Department: Property Management
Location of Job: East Deer Park
Description: This position will supervise, manage and coordinate the activities of the Resident Accounting Department to accomplish unit, department, division and agency goals and objectives. Responsible for finding ways to improve financial efficiencies of the Property Management Division. Assist in the development of property budgets and management reports. Maintain procedures and training for staff, review and monitor delinquent tenant accounts, review financial data related to the specific operations, projects and work processes to produce projections. Write reports and strategize ways to reduce expenses or increase operational efficiencies. Ensure that all procedures associated with the rent revenues are performed accurately, timely and in accordance with guidelines, policies and proper accounting controls.
- Requires a Masters degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting or related experience.
- Must have knowledge of or ability to acquire considerable knowledge of HOC programs.
- Must have ability to obtain knowledge of federal, state and local housing laws and requirements.
- Must have knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to use accounting systems.
- Must have the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Must have good computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Prior Yardi experience helpful.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low-income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HOC conducts criminal background checks, employment reference checks, and where applicable, reviews driving records in determining suitability for employment. Selected applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Employment is contingent upon drug and alcohol test results.
Eligible Applicants: Unlimited
Position Number and Grade: FG35, Grade 23
Minimum Starting Salary: $52,904
Drivers License: Required
Financial Disclosure: Confidential Required
Posting Date: July 14, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume or application to the Human Resources Office. Please reference the Position Title and Position Number on your resume and/or cover letter when applying for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: HOC Career and Term employees must submit employment applications within 5 business days of posting date in order to receive first consideration.
HOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.