Case Manager (Part-Time)
Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County
Announcement Number: PD14-40
Position Title: Resident Counselor III (part-time position 24 hours per week)
Division/Department: Resident Services
Location of Job: Rockville, MD
Description: These is a 24 hour per week, part-time position with benefits. This position is responsible for providing crisis intervention, information, and referral and counseling services for elderly and disabled residents of two senior adult independent living facilities. Coordinate service delivery from County and non-profit agencies. Will advocate for new services and maintain clear and concise records including the Resident Services database, and statistical and program reports. Will organize and facilitate a Resident Association and other groups and community projects in conjunction with Divisions Programming Team.
· Requires a Bachelors degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field (MSW preferred)
· Minimum of three years experience in social welfare, elderly, or disabilities field
· Must have the ability to relate well to people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Must possess excellent assessment, oral and written communication skills
· Must have the ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
· Must have the ability to meet deadlines
· Must have good computer skills (Word & Excel)
· Must have working knowledge of community resources
· Must have good driving record, and own transportation is required
· Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HOC conducts criminal background checks, employment reference checks, and where applicable, reviews driving records in determining suitability for employment. Selected applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Employment is contingent upon drug and alcohol test results.
Eligible Applicants: Unlimited
Position Number and Grade: TS96, Grade 20
Minimum Starting Salary: $21.48 per hour
Drivers License: Required
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Posting Date: May 20, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume or application to the Human Resources Office. Please reference the Position Title and Position Number on your resume and/or cover letter when applying for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: HOC Career and Term employees must submit employment applications within 5 business days of posting date in order to receive first consideration.
HOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.