University of Maryland University College
3501 University Blvd East
About University of Maryland University College
UMUC is a leader in higher education for adults
University of Maryland University College (UMUC), one of 11 accredited, degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland, is the second largest university in the state, offering programs and services tailored for working adults. The university currently has more than 80,000 students worldwide, nearly 15,000 of which are Maryland residents.
University of Maryland University College has excelled at providing higher education to working adult students through distance learning since 1947. With more than 80,000 students in 29 countries, including the United States, UMUC is truly a 'global university'. It is the second largest of 13 institutions in the University System of Maryland, with world headquarters in Adelphi, Maryland. The Maryland Higher Education Commission projects that UMUC students in the United States will account for one-third of all students enrolled in University System of Maryland institutions by 2011.
UMUC offers traditional-classroom courses throughout Maryland and the metropolitan-Washington region. Programs are also offered on site at more than 100 U.S. military installations throughout Europe, the Middle East, East Asia, and the Pacific for service members and their families.
In addition to its history of providing educational services to the U.S. military worldwide, UMUC is highly regarded for its expertise in online education. More than 85 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs can be completed online, in addition to a comprehensive array of online student services, including information/library services with over 90 databases, for all UMUC students, whether they attend traditional classes or 'virtual' ones.
UMUC houses Maryland's largest collection of art by Maryland artists, and the university's Inn & Conference Center, once expansion is completed in 2004, is expected to be the 12th largest conference facility in the metropolitan Washington region.
For more on UMUC, visit the university's Web site at www.umuc.edu.An Attractive Benefits Package for Stateside Exempt & Non-Exempt Staff
- Tuition Remission.
- Retirement: State Pension System/Optional Retirement Program/Supplemental Retirement Plans.
- Medical Insurance to include Vision: 2- PPO's, 3-POS's, 4-HMO's.
- Mental Health
- Dental: 2- HMO's & 1-POS.
- Term Life Insurance / Group Life Insurance.
- Personal Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan.
- Long Term Disability.
- Long Term Care.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care/Dependent (Day) Care.
- Annual Leave: Exempt employees can earn up to 22 days of annual leave per calendar year.
- Non-exempt employees can earn up to 10 days of annual leave per calendar year. With incremental accrual increases with continued years of service.
- Sick Leave: Can earn up to 15 days of sick leave per calendar year.
- 3 personal days granted each calendar year.
- 14 State Holidays. (15 in a general election year)
- Direct Deposit.
- Payroll deductions for US Savings Bonds.
- Voluntary Contributions to United Charities.
- Eligible for membership with the State Employees Credit Union.
- Semi-annual department bowling challenge
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
UMUC actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, martial status, national origin, veteran's status, or political affiliation.
University of Maryland University College . . .
- is one of 11 degree-granting institutions within the University System of Maryland (USM).
- is a predominant provider of online university programs worldwide, with almost 44,000 online enrollments in the 1999-00 academic year.
- is the only institution in the state that specializes in providing educational opportunities to Maryland's current professional workforce.
- extends educational opportunities through both classroom instruction and distance technologies.
- provides on-site educational opportunities to U.S. military servicemembers and their families overseas and to international students in several countries.
- enrolls the largest number of students of any USM institution.
- offers convenient, comprehensive student services for local and distant students, including specialized admission and registration, advising, academic support, financial aid, and career guidance.
- maintains dual-admission alliances with seven Maryland community colleges to offer a seamless progression from lower-level to upper-level university studies
53 jobs with University of Maryland University College
Largo, MD and Fort Meade, MD University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach in the Information Technology & Comput...
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a full-time Collegiate faculty member in the Computer Networks & Cybersecurity Program. Spe...
Certification Specialist Office of Veteran Certifications Non Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pat Grade 009 The Veteran Certification Office seeks...
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach in the Business and Management Studies program. Specifically, we ar...
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach, on site in Waldorf, MD in the Biological Science program. Required...
Hagerstown, MD, Waldorf, MD, California, MD and Killeen, TX University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach on site...
Assistant Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness & Assessment Office of the Chief Academic Officer Exempt, Regular, Full-Time University o...
Assistant Vice President, Academic Integrity & Accountability Office of the Chief Academic Officer Exempt, Regular, Full-Time University of Maryla...
University of Maryland University College Office of the Registrar is a forward thinking, innovative office with a focus on building staff competenc...
Assistant Director Financial Aid Student Services and Outreach Office of Financial Aid Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 2.1 University of Mary...
Admissions/Associate Advisor - Entry Level Office of Strategic Enrollment Management Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1 University of ...
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach, on site in the United States in the Accounting program. Specifical...
Shady Grove, MD or Indianapolis, IN or Online University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach, online and on site i...