University of Maryland University College
3501 University Blvd East
About University of Maryland University College
UMUC is a leader in higher education for adults
University of Maryland University College (UMUC), one of 11 accredited, degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland, is the second largest university in the state, offering programs and services tailored for working adults. The university currently has more than 80,000 students worldwide, nearly 15,000 of which are Maryland residents.
University of Maryland University College has excelled at providing higher education to working adult students through distance learning since 1947. With more than 80,000 students in 29 countries, including the United States, UMUC is truly a 'global university'. It is the second largest of 13 institutions in the University System of Maryland, with world headquarters in Adelphi, Maryland. The Maryland Higher Education Commission projects that UMUC students in the United States will account for one-third of all students enrolled in University System of Maryland institutions by 2011.
UMUC offers traditional-classroom courses throughout Maryland and the metropolitan-Washington region. Programs are also offered on site at more than 100 U.S. military installations throughout Europe, the Middle East, East Asia, and the Pacific for service members and their families.
In addition to its history of providing educational services to the U.S. military worldwide, UMUC is highly regarded for its expertise in online education. More than 85 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs can be completed online, in addition to a comprehensive array of online student services, including information/library services with over 90 databases, for all UMUC students, whether they attend traditional classes or 'virtual' ones.
UMUC houses Maryland's largest collection of art by Maryland artists, and the university's Inn & Conference Center, once expansion is completed in 2004, is expected to be the 12th largest conference facility in the metropolitan Washington region.
For more on UMUC, visit the university's Web site at www.umuc.edu.An Attractive Benefits Package for Stateside Exempt & Non-Exempt Staff
- Tuition Remission.
- Retirement: State Pension System/Optional Retirement Program/Supplemental Retirement Plans.
- Medical Insurance to include Vision: 2- PPO's, 3-POS's, 4-HMO's.
- Mental Health
- Dental: 2- HMO's & 1-POS.
- Term Life Insurance / Group Life Insurance.
- Personal Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan.
- Long Term Disability.
- Long Term Care.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care/Dependent (Day) Care.
- Annual Leave: Exempt employees can earn up to 22 days of annual leave per calendar year.
- Non-exempt employees can earn up to 10 days of annual leave per calendar year. With incremental accrual increases with continued years of service.
- Sick Leave: Can earn up to 15 days of sick leave per calendar year.
- 3 personal days granted each calendar year.
- 14 State Holidays. (15 in a general election year)
- Direct Deposit.
- Payroll deductions for US Savings Bonds.
- Voluntary Contributions to United Charities.
- Eligible for membership with the State Employees Credit Union.
- Semi-annual department bowling challenge
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
UMUC actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, martial status, national origin, veteran's status, or political affiliation.
University of Maryland University College . . .
- is one of 11 degree-granting institutions within the University System of Maryland (USM).
- is a predominant provider of online university programs worldwide, with almost 44,000 online enrollments in the 1999-00 academic year.
- is the only institution in the state that specializes in providing educational opportunities to Maryland's current professional workforce.
- extends educational opportunities through both classroom instruction and distance technologies.
- provides on-site educational opportunities to U.S. military servicemembers and their families overseas and to international students in several countries.
- enrolls the largest number of students of any USM institution.
- offers convenient, comprehensive student services for local and distant students, including specialized admission and registration, advising, academic support, financial aid, and career guidance.
- maintains dual-admission alliances with seven Maryland community colleges to offer a seamless progression from lower-level to upper-level university studies
71 jobs with University of Maryland University College
Adjunct FacultyMathematics and StatisticsThe Undergraduate SchoolLocation: Waldorf, MD and College Park, MDUniversity of Maryland University Colleg...
Military Programs CoordinatorOffice of Military PartnershipsRegular, Exempt, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.2University of Maryland University College...
Senior Compliance and Reporting AnalystOffice of Compliance and Fraud PreventionExempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.3University of Marylan...
Education CoordinatorOffice of Strategic Enrollment ManagementExempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2University of Maryland University Coll...
Quality Assurance AnalystOffice of Financial AidExempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2The Quality Assurance Analyst reports to the Assistant Dir...
Web ArchitectDigital User ExperienceExempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 3.4University of Maryland University College seeks a Web Architect. ...
Job DescriptionAdjunct FacultyBusiness and ManagementThe Undergraduate SchoolLocation: Rockville, MD; Fort Meade, MD; California, MD; Washington, D...
Assistant Director, Annual GivingOffice of Institutional Advancement Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.4University of Maryland Universit...
Financial Aid CounselorOffice of Financial AidExempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 1.1University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Fin...
Assistant Vice President, Communications & Engagement Office of the President Exempt, Full-TimeUniversity of Maryland University College (UMUC) see...
Linux Systems Engineer IIIOffice of Information TechnologyExempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.5 University of Maryland University College ...
Desktop Support Specialist IIIOffice of Analytics, Planning and TechnologyExempt, Regular, Full-Time, Grade 2.3University of Maryland University C...
Program Chair, Computer Networks and CybersecurityComputer Information Systems and Technology (CITE) DepartmentThe Undergraduate School (TUS) 12-Mo...
Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Assessment Office of the Provost Exempt, Regular, Full-TimeUniversity of Maryland University College (UMUC) is ...
Program Management SpecialistOffice of Strategic Enrollment ManagementNon-Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Grade 10University of Maryland Universi...
Team Associate Office of the RegistrarLargoNon-Exempt, Contingent II, Full Time, Pay Grade Stateside Nonexempt 007The University of Maryland Univer...
Senior Director, DevelopmentOffice of Institutional AdvancementExempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.4University of Maryland University Coll...
Adjunct FacultyWriting for ManagersUMUC StatesideThe Undergraduate SchoolLocation: Aberdeen, MDUniversity of Maryland University College (UMUC) see...
Functional Coordinator, Document Management SystemOffice of the RegistrarExempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3The Functional Coordinator,...
Director of Multicultural Programs and Fair PracticesOffice of Diversity and EquityExempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.5University of Maryland ...