Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
Contact: Ms Aneka Bellamy
600B East Gude Drive
About Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
MCCH was created in 1990 with the belief that everyone in our community deserves a safe, stable, and affordable place to call home. What initially began as a small member-based organization with three paid staff has grown to over 150 employees operating twelve client-centered programs that serve over 1,600 men, women, and children each year.
Our dedicated and talented staff work to provide four key solutions to ending homelessness in our community:
- Emergency shelter to meet the urgent needs of individuals currently experiencing homelessness;
- Permanent supportive housing to help formerly homeless families and individuals remain stably housed;
- Advocating for systemic change to create efficient and effective means of responding to homelessness;
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing with our affiliate agency, Coalition Homes.
The mission of Coalition Homes is to help eradicate homelessness in Montgomery County by creating, owning and operating permanent housing solutions. The organizational values of Coalition Homes and MCCH are:
• Housing is a human right
• Ensure homelessness is rare, brief and non-recurring
• Everyone has a safe, stable, and affordable place to call home