Housing Opportunities Commission
10400 Detrick Avenue
About Housing Opportunities Commission
The Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County (HOC) was established in 1974 to better respond to the County’s need for affordable housing. HOC is authorized to acquire, own, lease, and operate housing; to provide for the construction or renovation of housing; obtain financial assistance from any public or private source to assist its housing activities; and arrange for social services, resident services and day care.
HOC has creatively responded to the changes that affect the production of affordable housing. As federal subsidies for public housing were slashed, HOC sought and found other ways to produce affordable housing in the County. Because of this, HOC is considered a national leader in developing affordable housing.
The mission of the Housing Opportunities Commission is to provide affordable housing and supportive services that enhance the lives of low- and moderate-income families and individuals throughout Montgomery County, Maryland so that:
No one in Montgomery County is living in substandard housing;
- We strengthen families and communities as good neighbors;
- We establish an efficient and productive environment that fosters trust, open communication and mutual respect;
- We work with advocates and providers to maintain support for all the work of the Commission.
- To achieve this mission, HOC operates as a public housing agency, a housing finance agency and a housing developer.
The Montgomery County government provides funding for the Commission to manage the following service programs:
- Affordable Housing Development: acquires Moderately Priced Dwelling Units (MPDUs) for rental to lower-income families;
- Public Housing Management: maintains community norms and relationships between homeowner associations and public housing residents;
- Services to Residents in Assisted Housing: provides counseling and support services to low-income individuals and families in assisted housing; and
- Housing Resource Service: provides up-to-date information on available housing programs.
The Housing Opportunities Commission offers a favorable cafeteria style Employee Benefits Package enabling employees to design their benefits plan to best suit their personal needs, lifestyle and family situation. In addition, HOC has several benefits specifically designed as tax saving vehicles assisting employees in stretching their paychecks and making the most of the money they earn.
Provided below is a listing of some of the employee benefits that are available to employees of HOC.
Family Life Insurance
Group Term Life Insurance
Long Term Disability Coverage
Flexible Work Schedule Arrangements
Deferred Compensation Plan
And much more ...
7 jobs with Housing Opportunities Commission
This is a professional position responsible for providing administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer and the Finance Division by provid...
Determine eligibility and continued participation for HOC Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing applicants and families. Duties include intervi...
This position is responsible for financial analysis, financial modeling, and supporting the underwriting and portfolio management functions within ...
This is a professional position that provides a range of graphic services expertise to the Office of Legislative and Public Affairs in the areas of...
The Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County is one of the nationâ€™s preeminent public housing and housing finance agencies at the fo...
This position provides case management, counseling, and referral services to participants in the Family Self Sufficiency program. Counselor will co...
This position is responsible for the management oversight of two customer service centers located in Gaithersburg and Silver Spring. Provide leader...