Senior Procurement Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems, a satellite communication company, located in Gaithersburg, MD is currently seeking a dedicated full time Senior Procurement Manager.
In this role, he/she will have interactions with Planning, Production, Materials, Engineering, Logistics and Project Management Departments. The successful candidate will manage a team of Buyers to ensure accuracy an adhere to operational deadlines.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Administering of purchase orders in response to MRP messages.
* Expedite of existing purchase order in response of changing MRP messages
* Negotiation of price, support and delivery terms, for both spot purchases and long term agreements
* Manage specific commodities, i.e. Linear and logic semiconductors, discrete semiconductors, memory products, customs semiconductors, RF and magnets
* Collect, monitor and publish metrics on team performance
* Lead and direct team (Buyers)
* Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or related field
* 5 years of team management
* 5 years of commodity management
* Previous experience using SAP
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Previous purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.